Review: Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra-Cleansing Mud Mask

Hey there, beautiful people ! Today, I'm back again with a new blog post, this time a review on a drugstore facial mask. Now, mud mas...

Hey there, beautiful people !

Today, I'm back again with a new blog post, this time a review on a drugstore facial mask.
Now, mud masks have been the rage in the beauty skincare world in the past year with brands like GlamGlow which may be pretty pricey and out of the budget for many students. Fear not, friends.

Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra-Cleansing Mud Mask Orange + Bergamot
is a mud mask which claims to super cleanse impurities in your skin for a clearer, brighter complexion. My skin tends to be combination and drier in certain areas of my face so let's see how it goes !

Image source: Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Mud Mask



How cute is the packaging ?!


Upon opening the product, the smell wasn't too overpowering which I quite liked. It was a slight orange, citrus-y scent, very refreshing. The texture of the mask was smooth and easy to apply. It was also non-greasy and lightweight on the skin.




A swatch of Formula 10.0.6 DDD Mud Mask on my hand 


Now, the directions told me to apply a thin layer on my freshly cleansed and dried skin. So I made sure I cleansed my face thoroughly and dried with a clean towel ( Let me know if you guys would like a skincare routine video).
The moment I applied it, the mask felt cooling and it also tingled a little but not to the point for irritation. I kinda enjoyed that sensation cos it felt like something was working hehehehe. So I left it to dry for around 15 minutes.


Here is the mask applied on my face


After the fifteen minutes, I washed my face in a circular motion to help exfoliate at the same time and rinsed it all off. Overall, the mask left my skin quite soft, my complexion brighter and my pores looked slightly smaller than before (YAY!). My skin is pretty sensitive and I was surprised to see that it didn't leave my face too blotchy red which is a big PLUS for me. It didn't fully get rid of my pimples or make my skin flawlessly smooth but hey I wasn't expecting miracles but I think I came pretty close.

I would definitely recommend this product but you might wish to avoid it if your skin is super sensitive just cos this mask may be too dry for you. For a once-a-week use, I think this mask would be a great detox for your skin to help remove excess oils and clogged up dirt. I'd definitely make sure the product is applied thin so your skin can absorb it a lot better.And it's also super budget-friendly for my fellow students out there !

You can buy it here at Priceline for $9.00

I hope you enjoyed this review and that it was somewhat helpful for you to read :)


Let me know in the comments below what your favourite face masks are ! 
xx Ann

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images